Thursday, March 9, 2017

Meet the Group

Kiara 
The most exciting thing about international travel is the potential for new and exciting experiences and the ability to learn in an uninhibited environment. Traveling abroad exposes true character in the most unsuspecting way and presents the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. I always find international travel to be exciting and nerve-racking because of the element of the “unknown.” This trip poses the opportunity to work amidst a new culture and to experience event operations from a different perspective. Traveling to Poland with a group of students from the University of Louisville is exciting as well because of the ability to develop new and lasting friendships with my peers that I may not have been able to do so with otherwise. Above all else, I am excited to experience the World Games; I am excited to see the games, work with the operational staff, meet other volunteers, potentially work with a few athletes, and witness the impact of the games on Wroclaw. I would say that I am so honored to have the opportunity to work side-by-side with them! Beyond thrilled to witness all of their hard work and to help bring all of the action to life. Additionally, I would thank them for all of the work they have already dedicated to the World Games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment